What is augmented reality technology & how does augmented reality work?
Augmented reality technology, when incorporated with business, provides better experience and filter style itself. Augmented reality technology presents a complete new world of possibilities for modern businesses.
Augmented reality technology offers a world of possibilities for users and businesses. Using augmented reality technology as a part of your marketing strategy has limitless capabilities to promote your brand to consumers who are looking for new ways to experience content.
Augmented reality is the technology that expands our physical world, adding layers of digital information onto it. Unlike virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) does not create the whole artificial environments to replace real with virtual one. AR appears in direct view of an existing environment and adds sounds, videos, and graphics to it.
Augmented reality technology (AR) is growing as one of the most required technologies today.
Augmented reality technology can work in the following three approaches.
- Recognition based
- Location based
Let’s have a look these three augmented reality technology approaches in detail:
SLAM (Simultaneous localization and mapping) is one of the most effective ways to render virtual images over real-world objects. SLAM maps the structure of the environment by localizing sensors with respect to surroundings. SLAM is used to solve complex AR simulation issues like localization and mapping problems. Nowadays, every AR Kit comes with AR functionality.
- Recognized based:
Recognized based augmented reality technology uses a camera to identify visual markers, such as natural feature tracking markers, to showcase an overlay when the marker is sensed by the device. Marker based augmented reality technology utilizes the device camera to distinguish a marker from other real-world objects.
- Location based:
As opposed to recognition based augmented reality technology, location-based augmented reality relies on a GPS, digital compass, velocity meter and accelerometer to provide data about the location and the augmented reality visualizations are activated based on this inputs.
Known as markerless augmented reality technology, the location detection feature in Smartphone’s make it easy to leverage this type of augmented reality technology. Some uses of location based augmented technology include mapping directions, finding nearby services, and other location – centric mobile apps.
Augmented reality technology (AR) has already become one of the newest trends in world especially due to the innovative nature of the benefits that come with it. Augmented reality technology has also played a key role in driving customer engagements.
- Augmented reality technology is a bit unique.
- Augmented reality technology helps in three-dimensional thinking.
- Augmented reality technology helps in content personalization.
- Augmented reality technology can help customers experience products in an e-commerce.
- Augmented reality technology can help to make the viewing experience memorable to the audience.
- Wikitude: Free
Supported platforms: Android, iOS, tablets, smart glasses (Epson Moverio, Vuzix M100, ODG R-7)
- EasyAR: Free
Supported platforms: Android, iOS, UWP, Windows, Mac and Unity Editor
- ARToolKit: Free
Supported platforms: Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, Mac OS and Smart Glasses
- NyARToolkit : Free
Supported platforms: Android, iOS
- Xzimg : Free
Supported platforms: Android, iOS
- DroidAR : Free
Supported platforms: Android
- Google ARCore: Free
Supported platforms: Android Studio, Unity, Unreal Engine, Web
- MAXST: Free
Supported platforms: Android, iOS, Unity Editor, and SmartGlasses
- VisionLib: Free
Supported platforms: Android, iOS, Windows and HoloLens and Unity3D
- If you want to develop best augmented reality apps for your business or looking for the right & best augmented reality apps companies, then you are at right place.
- As a leading provider of augmented reality apps development company, we makes the use of excellent methods for on –time project delivery.
- We are one the best augmented reality apps provider with the highest number of successful best augmented reality apps.
- Amazon’s new augmented reality feature allows customers to see what some products will look like in their homes.
- Amazon recently added an augmented reality feature to its iOS app.
- The feature allows users to see digital renderings of some items through their phone screen.
- Augmented reality gaming software is probably the most common type of app. These apps create attractive gaming experiences that use your actual surrounding.
- The most popular augmented reality game till date is Pokemon Go which allows users to catch virtual Pokemon that are hidden throughout the map of the real world.